Friday, December 20, 2013

December--Gratitude Lessons and Giving

In December I visited classrooms to talk with students about having an "attitude of gratitude." We read books about thankfulness and giving, and practiced writing thank you notes. We learned that we can increase our level of happiness by showing gratitude and living a grateful life. I tied the idea that being grateful and thankful for what we have helps us to be willing to give and show kindness to others--similar to how we do at Christmas with buying gifts for others.

Well, I would say that HPE students (and families and staff) are INCREDIBLY grateful for what they have, as something we have been doing as a building is synergizing to raise money to help provide Christmas to two HPE families in need. You have probably heard of this--it's our Service Leader Holiday Project. In all HPE students, families, and staff raised $1050.51 to provide Christmas to these families that would not otherwise have one!

I am blown away by the generosity that has overflown out of the hearts of everyone involved in this project! I believe it speaks to the "attitude of gratitude" and kindness of the community we have here at HPE.


I hope you enjoy much happiness and practice expressing gratitude for your family and friends this holiday season. A very Merry Christmas to each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment