The month of November I visited classrooms and talked with students about kindness. Kindness is the character trait for December, however with Thanksgiving in November, I like to encourage students to think about what what wonderful things they have in their lives and how they can use that gratefulness to spur them on to show kindness to others.
In most grades I read a story about kindness and did various activities to help students critically think about how to show kindness to others. Many students made the connection to our building-wide service projects we have done recently, including a food drive that we did during Red Ribbon week at the end of October for our business partner Abundant Life's food pantry. Recently our Cafeteria Staff hosted a clothing drive for Hope House, a local Domestic Violence shelter located in Lee's Summit. 3rd grade is my leadership spotlight of the Month. See the pictures below to experience how 3rd grade learned about showing kindness to others.
In the month of December I will be visiting classrooms and talking about Habit 1: Be Proactive. Students will have a plan to keep their bodies safe from wrong or unsafe touches.
No comments:
Post a Comment